The aim is for the consultant to act as a “critical friend” and identify both existing best Practice and potential improvement opportunities. This will then enable the Practice to subsequently develop a practical action pan.
This will take a full day - likely to start at around 9 and finish around 4.30. During which time the consultant will need input and support from the Practice Manager and other members of the Practice team.
It will also include a review of how prepared the Practice Manager is for their next “Annual Review” phone call with CQC.
The content of the day is flexible -but likely to be framed by the following structure.
The topics that will be covered include;
- Review of previous CQC report
- Preparing the 1000 word reply to CQC when notified of a visit
- Preparing the 30 minute presentation
- Records and Documentation Audit
- Review planning for “Annual CQC phone call”
- Conversation with Clinicians.
- Interviews with two reception staff members
- Interview with Nurse Lead
- Follow up of any outstanding issues or concerns.
- Reviewing of additional records.
- Further Staff interviews if necessary.
- Feedback to Practice Manager