By the end of this one day workshop delegates will have gained the knowledge required to effectively implement and manage confidentiality and information governance in a general practice setting.
The workshop will cover all aspects of information governance and the requirements for practices including policies, strategies and best practice. Delegates will use exercises, discussions, case studies and checklists to build up a complete picture to assist with the implementation of information governance and management of confidential information in their practice.
This course has been updated in collaboration with NHS Digital to help delegates understand the National Data Opt-out and the practicalities of what it means for them, their Practices and their patients.
The topics that will be covered include;
- Welcome, introductions and objectives
- The importance of protecting information: CQC requirements
- Information Governance: CIA principles
- The legal perspective
- The Information Governance Toolkit
- The Good Practice Guidelines for EPR
- The NHS Confidentiality Code of Practice
- Managing access to information
- Disclosing Patient information
- The patient right of access
- Sharing information for patient care
- Disclosure with and without consent
- Policy and strategy requirements
- Risk management and security
- Data protection
- Internet and email access
- Information security
- Practice Action Planning Checklist