The purpose of this session is to give delegates a practical understanding of the Data Security and Protection (DSP) Toolkit, which has replaced the IG toolkit.
Delegates will gain an appreciation of the reasoning behind this change, as well as a practical understanding of what is now required for them to complete the toolkit.
In addition, they will have an awareness of how the toolkit should be used to report data breaches.
There will be opportunities for reflection and peer-to-peer learning.
All delegates will be able to download a certificate of attendance.
This course has been updated in collaboration with NHS Digital to help delegates understand the National Data Opt-out and the practicalities of what it means for them, their Practices and their patients.
The topics that will be covered include;
- Welcome, introductions and objectives
- What is the DSPT ?
- How does it differ from the old Information Governance toolkit
- How you can make it work for you to demonstrate compliance.
- The importance of your data map
- How to get the registration details right for your practice
- The role of the National Data Guardian (NDG)
- Concentrating on the mandatory items
- Added value only evidence
- How to meet the most difficult requirements
- Evidence examples
- Assessing the difference between a data incident and a data breach
- Reporting breaches via the Toolkit
- Future developments including open scrutiny of your data privacy compliance