This workshop has been developed for Practice Teams, led and supported by the Practice Manager, to guide and promote the development of Social Prescribing roles in a Healthcare setting. The objective being that by the end of this workshop delegates will have an overview understanding of the value and importance of “Social Prescribing”.
An opportunity to consider this new role in a Primary Care setting and how the Social Prescriber interacts with other Team members, supporting the Practice to improve the overall patient experience.
This session aims to provide an overview of the Social Prescribing role and its links with Active Signposting and the wider Practice Team. The discussions will give participants an opportunity to consider the added value social prescribing will bring to existing practice systems and the impact on the patient journey; exploring ways that social prescribing improves patient outcomes and experiences.
The topics that will be covered include;
- Welcome, Introductions and Objectives
- What is Social Prescribing: How it fits in with the NHS Long Term Plan, GPFV and how this links in with and complements other High Impact Actions
- The Patient Journey: Personalised care from birth through to end of life. Touch points in a person’s life
- Table top discussions: Exploring the patient journey, trigger points for care and how social prescribing can support personalised care options throughout life
- An overview of other Social Prescribing models – lessons learned
- Accessing local resources – Directory or Menu of Services
- The Next Steps
- Action Plan