The aim of this workshop is provide delegates with the skills to deal with difficult people in the workplace. These may be patients, colleagues or other people they meet in work situations.
By the end of the workshop delegates will be more confident in their ability to deal with these tricky situations.
The topics that will be covered include;
- Welcome, Introductions and Objectives
- Defining Difficult Behaviour
- Is it Me?
- The Importance of Assertiveness
- Ten Types of Difficult Behaviour
- The Importance of Listening Skills
- How to Become a Better Listener
- Reflective Listening Practices
- Interpreting Body Language
- Human Nature
- Conflict in the Workplace
- Approaches to Conflict Resolution
- Conflict Resolution Planner
- Types of Aggressive Behaviour
- Dealing with Non Threatening Aggressive Behaviour
- NHS Zero Tolerance Campaign
- Some Basic Steps
- Assessing Further Training Requirements