By the end of this one day interactive workshop, delegates will understand the importance of the Patient Experience Survey and the access and choice targets that should be reached. They will have examined the expectations of the patients and looked at creative ways to manage these effectively using a range of communication tools.
The topics that will be covered include;
- Welcome, introductions and objectives
- The access and choice standards – what do we aim to deliver
- The local experience and results
- The patient expectation – where does it come from?
- Where can improvements be made?
- Communication – the key skill
- Creating understanding with a diverse population
- Face to face communication – key skills
- Communicating using the telephone
- Improving your system and protocols
- Words and phrases to use – and to avoid
- Elements of exceptional customer service
- Dealing with challenging behaviour
- Become more assertive
- Planning improvements in your practice
- Action planning